We are looking for a talented backend engineer to join as a foundational element of the Final team. They will architect and build mission-critical systems interfacing with some of the most secure and important financial networks in the world. This will include building extremely fault tolerant integrations with third party services, as well as the core services that power Final itself.
The ideal candidate is always thinking about the security and privacy implications of their design and their implementation. They have a "do it once; do it right" philosophy tempered by an understanding that implementations need to be flexible to accommodate changing conditions, and a drive to build fast so that we might learn faster.
In this position, you'll have an opportunity to work with a variety of technologies and build large, technically complex, and scalable applications from the ground up.
- Design and implement thorough and secure solutions to complex engineering problems
- Own and execute rapidly on new functionality in a broad range of virtualized and physical environments, with widely varied technical constraints
- Write quality, tested, and secure web application code quickly
- Deploy code to production multiple times every week
- Perform code reviews for your teammates across the stack (all engineers review each other's code)
- Communicate openly
- Leave your mark on Final
- Five+ years of professional development experience
- B.S. or higher in Computer Science (or equivalent work experience)
- Strong proficiency in:
- Rails and other server-side frameworks
- Building and securing RESTful APIs
- SQL and relational databases
- Scalable systems
- A commitment to rigorous thinking and problem solving
- Strong opinions about code style and testing practices
- Fantastic written and verbal communication skills
- Experience building transactional systems
- Knowledge of double-entry accounting
- Experience with agile software development methodologies
Final is a venture-backed company based in downtown Oakland, CA a few steps from the BART. We’re a small team of intellectually curious people trying to make waves in a big industry. If interested, email us at email@example.com.
Be sure to include either a resume or your linkedin URL, as well as a link to github or your portfolio.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.