Front End Engineer
Build the interfaces that connect people with Final.
Looking for ownership? As the lead on our fully-responsive web apps, you’ll continuously shape the user-facing products at Final. Our tools help our customers manage their spending, control how and when they are charged, and generally improve their financial lives.
The Final applications need to be beautiful, fast, and smart. They are our best source of data and avenue for interacting with and helping our customers. That’s where you come in - you will be responsible for, through what you create, assisting and protecting Final cardholders, as well supporting your internal teammates.
- Lead development on all major web products, including our public websites and web applications
- Assist with problem solving and engineering challenges across the technology stack
- Be part of a small, but growing, engineering team in an Agile software development cycle
- Adjust focus as necessary to support mission-critical feature development or bug fixes
- Support your teammates
- Communicate openly
- Delight users
- Leave your mark on Final
- Continue learning
- BS in HCI or Computer Science, or equivalent app development experience
- Experience with React, Redux, Webpack
- Strong knowledge of writing cross-browser CSS & JS
- Knowledge of JSON based REST API design
- Confidence with the command line and a back end scripting language
- Obsession with quality & a dedication to engineering discipline
- Beyond just shipping new products, you strive for continuous product improvement, testing, and collect inspiration from other products and feedback from team members
- A need for pixel-perfection
- 4+ years building user interfaces
- A fascination with personal finance, payments, and budgeting
Final is a venture-backed company based in downtown Oakland, CA a few steps from the BART. We’re a small team of intellectually curious people trying to make waves in a big industry. If interested, email us at email@example.com.
Be sure to include either a resume or your linkedin URL, as well as a link to github or your portfolio.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.