Full Stack Engineer
We are looking for an exceptional generalist software engineer to join as a foundational element of the Final team. They will own code and implement across the stack, architecting and executing on solutions used by Final customers every day. This will include building new features in our React JS web applications, designing and securing public APIs, and working on our critical third party integrations.
The ideal candidate is always thinking about the security and privacy implications of their design and their implementation. They have a "do it once; do it right" philosophy tempered by an understanding that implementations need to be flexible to accommodate changing conditions, and a drive to build fast so that we might learn faster.
You will help build the core technology and applications behind Final's payment products. Those applications will range from business-critical internal tools to the core architecture and features of our products, with opportunities to work with a variety of languages and technologies.
- Work as part of product development team on all components of the product following an Agile software development lifecycle
- Implement new features and optimize existing ones from controller-level to UI
- Work closely with Product and UX to build beautiful applications that delight our customers
- Measure user behavior and use data-driven discoveries to influence implementation
- Participate in design and code reviews; identify best practices for engineering
- Deploy code to production multiple times every week
- Contribute to customer- and internal-facing web applications
- Rapidly fix bugs and solve problems
- Communicate openly
- Leave your mark on Final
- Three+ years professional experience with full stack web development
- Extremely proficient with React JS
- B.S. or higher in Computer Science (or equivalent work experience)
- Proficiency creating applications in a server side framework: NodeJS, Rails, J2EE, Scala, etc.
- Solid understanding of the full web technology stack (e.g. HTTP, cookies, headers, asset loading / caching)
- Expertise with JS, HTML5, and CSS3 implementing responsive designs supporting multiple browsers
- Disciplined approach to testing and quality assurance
- A commitment to rigorous thinking and problem solving
- Strong opinions about code style and testing practices
- Experience building transactional systems
- Interest in mobile and touch-based web platform
- Great written communication and documentation abilities
- Data-informed product development: analytics, A/B testing, etc.
Final is a venture-backed company based in downtown Oakland, CA a few steps from the BART. We’re a small team of intellectually curious people trying to make waves in a big industry. If interested, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Be sure to include either a resume or your linkedin URL, as well as a link to github or your portfolio.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.